I have been looking into the Pentair Intelliflo, however I have come across this Viron P300 Pump which seems to be less expensive. Also assuming I go for replacing my filter pump only (not solar pump as well) then perhaps the 3hp Intelliflo is overkill anyway, as my current Pool pump is only 1.25hp.
Any comments from people re this Viron P300 Pump as a means of saving $ on electricity versus the other brands. One thing I note is that it seems to have only 3 speeds? But maybe this isn't an issue if the low speed setting is good?
* Size: ~50,000L 9m x 4.5m kidney shaped pool (13,208 Gallons 29' x 14.7')
* Pumps Height Above Top of Pool Leave = ~1m (~3 feet)
(A) Filter Side
(1) Pool Pump
* Poolrite SQI-500 Quiteline
* Input Power 1300W
* Output: 930W / 1.25hp
* Min Suction Pipe Size (mm) 40-50
* URL: http://www.poolrite.com.au/products/19
(2) Zodiac LM3 Pool Chlorine Generator
* has timer to control pump for filter & also can set level of chlorine generation
* http://www.zodiac.com.au/chlorine-gener ... rator.aspx
(3) Sand Filter