Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nature2 Fusion Inground

1. Back To Top    #1

Nature2 Fusion Inground

I am having a house built in Houston and just recently had a few meetings with some pool builders in the area. My yard will be pretty small, so I am just looking at getting a small 83 ft perimeter "party" pool. I have chosen to go with Premier Pools....loved their design and the price was good. I was set on going with SWCG until the employee kind of talked me out of it, saying that it would eventually cause corrosion due to the salt...which I know is controversial from reading stuff on the net. He recommended using ozone and the Nature2 Fusion inground, which uses the mineral cartridge and chlorine tablets. I have read the posts concerning the Nature2 on this forum...just wondering if this "Fusion" inground was the same.....should I ditch this and go with the SWCG.....will be the same price!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Nature2 Fusion Inground

Ditch the Nature2 and go with the SWCG. You'll be much happier in the long run and won't have metals staining to fight. All corrosion can be avoided by using the correct alloy parts and fasteners.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

I will add my "second" to the SWCG. The N2 isn't really helpful, can be harmful to your pool surfaces over time, and very expensive to feed when it comes to those cartridges.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

X3 in losing the N2! Additionally, salt does not get corrosive until somewhere around 5,000-6,000 ppm, which is about double what most SWCG need.

Congrats on the decision to build the pool

5. Back To Top    #5
    Deep South

go with SWCG, just a personal recommendation after spending a month interviewing and visiting friends and family with all types of systems.

be CERTAIN to deliberately oversize the system.

6. Back To Top    #6

SWG as the rest said
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator