Would anyone recommend a Nitro ?

I don't have personal experience with this particular brand, but it appears that there are only 9 or 10 service centers in the entire US. There are several other brands of robotic cleaners which should perform just as well or better, which have far more extensive service networks. AquaVac by Hayward and Dolphin may be the top two brands. In my opinion, the AquaVac is superior because it uses cartridge filtraters, while most other brands, including the Nitro, use a mesh bag for filtration. The cartridge filtration does provide removal of a smaller particle & still offers very easy cleaning.

My company is a service center for SmartPool (Nitro). Not only are they a great company to work with, they are also consumer friendly to repair. The filter bag ( not mesh) holds much more debris than the cartridge. The Nitro cleaners are also quite a bit less expensive.

This was discussed recently.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/post237807.html#p237807

I like the smartpool range but with all robots you need to be able to remotely steer the bot into positions where it's normal passage misses areas.

There are several good design points on the smartpool that put it in front of the competition and no drive belts has to be one of my favorites together with the position of the four vacuum slots (so it won't get stuck on floor drains) and the fact it is home servicable. Together with it's much lighter weight and easily drainable body and larger bag which doesn't have to wrap around the drive motors like it's competition.

This may be late, but since we have a Nitro Wall Climber and the topic was active, I'll chime in here. We bought a factory refurbished Nitro (for about $350) when we installed our pool in the beginning of Jan 2011 and absolutely love it. Not only did it vaccum most of the debris that the net couldn't get from the initial installaion (rocks, dirt, metal screws, small chunks of concrete from the coping & deck pour, etc), but it also gets a lot of the pollen that is now showing up in our water. The bag is not mesh, but rather a really close weave fabric and it's pretty sturdy. Also, the bag is too easy to clean and it is quite large. We really like that we don't have to run the pump to clean the pool (cheaper operation that way), and the debris that Nitro gets does not end up in our filter system. We did have a warranty issue after the first few weeks. Basically our Nitro just stopped working. We followed the troubleshooting steps and then called Smart Pool for help. They had us send it to a service center in Louisana. Even though we bought a refurb, they paid the return shipping. Our Nitro was totally covered under warranty and we had it back working cleaning our pool in about 10 days. So far no issues and it's working as advertised. It climbs the walls and works the deep and shallow ends of the pool well. So far we've only had it get hung up on the drain only a couple of times. We think that having the pool pump on a higher speed may have kept it stuck there. Oh, and if you check the Smart Pool site, they sell every part of the Nitro piece by piece so you can repair/replace anything if necessary. Additionally, all you need to disassemble and reassemble the Nitro is a phillips screwdriver and they also have videos that you can download that show you how to replace all of the parts. We've only had our Nitro in operation for about 2 months, but so far we are very happy with the product and the service we've experienced from Smart Pool. hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.