Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator upgrade question

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator upgrade question

I hope this is not a dumb question. I have done searches and cannot find an answer.

Just got my liquidator with upgrade.

Is there a way to remove the tubing once you attach it to the valves and flow meter? I see it slips in but can you get it out once it is done in case the valves or flow meter need cleaning?

Thanks for a response.

Surgdog
    13500 gal in ground. 1.5 HP Hayward pump. Triton Sand Filter. TFP and Pool Calculator. LQ C-201.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator upgrade question

Just push the piece closest to the tube in and pull the tubing out, surgdog. It's snug, but it will come out and not hurt anything!

3. Back To Top    #3

Just to clarify what Bruce said. Those fittings have a release ring right where the tubing slips into the fitting. Press and hold that ring against the fitting and the tubing will slip out.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Just to clarify what Bruce said. Those fittings have a release ring right where the tubing slips into the fitting. Press and hold that ring against the fitting and the tubing will slip out.
    Much better instructions than I gave; thanks Dave

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, fellas.

I could never find that anywhere.
    13500 gal in ground. 1.5 HP Hayward pump. Triton Sand Filter. TFP and Pool Calculator. LQ C-201.

6. Back To Top    #6

OK, I did it. Hooked up the Liquidator.

I about had a heart attack when I started it and the pump wouldn't fill. When the level of water got up to the "Out" level everything corrected.

Easier to do than I thought but I felt like I was jumping off a cliff when I had that drill on the pipe.

Still having a few air bubbles through the system but I hope this will all work out.

Checked FC prior to beginning will be checking the next couple of days.

Thanks for answering all my questions.

Surgdog.