Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: "In" line Liquidator question.

1. Back To Top    #1

"In" line Liquidator question.

[attachment=07xlau75]IMG_0175.JPG[/attachment7xlau75]

I need help from some of you Liquidator gurus.

I have a Liquidator coming in and I have looked at the installation instructions on line.

I see on my system where the "out" line goes (before the pump basket filter) but I have a jumbo of pipes on the pressure side. I will attach a picture.

Can the "in" line be anywhere on the other side of the pump or does it have to be after the heater. I have looked at this Gordian tangle of pipes and am lost on where to tie in. There are metal pipes going and coming from the heater so i know I can't go there.

I am tempted to just go between the pump and the multi-port valve but need confirmation and maybe some clarification before I drill holes.

Any help is really appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13500 gal in ground. 1.5 HP Hayward pump. Triton Sand Filter. TFP and Pool Calculator. LQ C-201.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: "In" line Liquidator question.

As I recall, the best place is right after the pump "out" for the IN side of the Liqudator. Anybody else want to chime in...

3. Back To Top    #3

Anywhere on the discharge line of the pump. I prefer to plumb it in right after the filter. The reasoning for that is that you're putting filtered water into the LQ so the chance of clogging the valves or fittings, etc. is reduced.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Oops, thats what I meant after the filter not the pump. Late night....

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for y'all replies.

Looking at the picture I now see an old chlorinator line tap on the vertical pipe which I think is after the filter and before the heater.

This might be the place to put the new Liquidator "In" line.

What do you think?

Surgdog
    13500 gal in ground. 1.5 HP Hayward pump. Triton Sand Filter. TFP and Pool Calculator. LQ C-201.

6. Back To Top    #6

That would be a good place. All you need is enough pressure to keep the LQ full when running.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit