Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not to toot my own horn but....

1. Back To Top    #1

Not to toot my own horn but....

I had a major algae situation and took care of it all by myself! I have really gotten a hang of this pool care stuff since Guamguy has been on deployment, I see now why he says it's "relaxing". There is something cathartic about keeping your pool clean and nice for friends to enjoy.

I just wanted you guys to know how helpful you've been, I haven't posted much, but I come here a lot to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Thank you!

Guamguy should be back before Christmas, so you will probably see him back on here, as I am sure I will have to relinquish my pool duties when he returns.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Not to toot my own horn but....

That's several pieces of great news all rolled into one!

Cleared a algae outbreak! Good work! (though I should admonish you for getting one in the first place)

And the hubby'll be home for Christmas. That's the best news!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    New Jersey shore

Hmmm... if you were doing things right...wouldnt you NOT have a algae situation?? JUST KIDDING! i know it can happen out of nowhere and happen FAST! Your correct, you got rid of it and thats the hard part for homeowners.

Glad he will be home for xmas...
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, I had pneumonia, and the kids were sick too, so I wasn't paying attention!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Well then, Guamgal, that counts for beating back algae with both hands tied behind your back, eh? You go girl!
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

You may find that Guamguy has no problem with you continuing all the That'll be a win-win, yes? Good job on the algae & I'm sure he'll be very impressed with how you've handled it all. Good Luck to both of you!
    APSP CST Certified
    17k inground concrete; 1.5hp 2 speed Tristar pump, 300sq.ft. Cartridge filter, AquaLogic PS-4 w/ Tcell-15, Navigator suction cleaner.