How many disconnect their SWCG for cleaning

How often do you disconnect your SWCG Cell?

• Total voters

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
from IntelliChlor manual

Cleaning the IECG Cell Blades
Note: Before acid washing, remove the calcium buildup in cell: Use a garden hose on the jet setting and
spray directly into both ends of the cell. Most of this calcium buildup has a slushy consistency and will be
blown out of the cell. Once the majority of the calcium has been removed, continue with acid washing which
will now be more effective since most of the calcium has been removed.
1. Automatic Cleaning: The IECG has an automatic cell blade cleaning feature (cell reversing) helps
removes scale deposits from the IECG blades. Note: Automatic cleaning does not interrupt chlorine
production. “Scale” is a white crusty deposit that forms in excessively hard water or from pool water
that is out of balance and in a scaling condition. If the IECG blades show excessive scaling, you need
to perform an acid wash cleaning. Proceed to “Acid Wash Cleaning,” Step 2.
2. Acid Wash Cleaning: If the IECG blades show a tendency to scale, it is recommended that every
two (2) months the IECG be removed and inspected for scale formation and/or debris on the IECG
blades. Some filters allow debris to pass through to the IECG, possibly lodging between the blades in
the IECG. A small amount of scale formation is normal. If by looking through the IECG it is observed
that there is excessive scale formation between the blades or debris is present, the IECG must be
cleaned as follows:
a. Use a high-pressure jet of water from a garden hose. If the blades cannot be reasonably cleaned in
this manner, acid cleaning is necessary.

Re: How may disconnect their SWCG every for cleaning

My salt cell schedule does not fit into any one of the survey choices.

The Aquarite provides a reminder to "check cell" every 500 hours. I visually inspect the cell and clean as necessary.

During the off season this may be every 3 to 4 months with minimal run times.
During the the swim season with 10 to 12 hour daily run times, it is usually every month and a half. :mrgreen:

Re: How may disconnect their SWCG for cleaning

I've run my IC-40 for 3 seasons and never have removed it since the day it was installed. Never had a drop in performance since day one. I have a vinyl pool, have minimal calcium in the water, have soft fill water and only run it 4 hours out of every 24 so my scaling potential is almost nil. I'll probably look at it when i open this spring though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.