Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lawn equivalent to The Pool School

1. Back To Top    #1

Lawn equivalent to The Pool School

First I am not sure if this is the right place, apologize if there is a better place to start this thread.

Our Pool School is a great webpage, I spent couple hours reading it, then I know most I need to know for my pool.

My question is: did you find any webpage explain and teach you about Lawn care, as imformative as the Pool School? like carbon/nitrogen ratio, how/when to mown/mulch etc.
    16 ft x 32 ft Rectangle 20k Gal, in ground, gunite plaster
    Hayward EC65 DE filter 68GPM, Hayward super pump 1HP, Merlin robot (similar to Aquabot, can't turn on, anyone can fix it?)
    Chemicals: BBB. Tayler K-2006 test kit. Located in Andover MA.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lawn equivalent to The Pool School

Not like pool school, but there is a residential area at lawnsite.com that I frequent often to ask lawn/landscaping related issues.

I'll move this post to the coffee bar area
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

sethz, dman suggested an excellent site. i have copied the link to another that i frequent as well.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/lawns/
    17,800 gallons, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, Inground, Blue Granite Pebblesheen Interior, Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 Pool and Spa pump, Pentair Whisperflo 2HP Water Feature pump, Pentair .75 HP Booster Pump for Pentair Legend pool cleaner, Pentair EasyTouch 8-function remote, Pentair IntelliChlor SWG.

4. Back To Top    #4

May I also suggest checking in with your local cooperative extension service. They often have Fact Sheets that answer the questions you were asking. And the information is specific to your locale, weather and soil conditions. A lot of that information may already be online.

Here are the publications from the UNH Cooperative Extension:
    http://extension.unh.edu/resources/c..._and_Garden#51
    12' round above ground pool. 3,500 gal. Vinyl liner. Waterway Supreme Hi-Flo 48 frame pump. 1.5 hp. SWG. Sand filter with Zeobrite.

Thanks, members of Trouble Free Pool, for being so friendly and informative!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I don't need any lawn help... I've got 4 acres of the healthiest weeds & fire ants you ever saw, and I don't have to do hardly anything!
    APSP CST Certified
    17k inground concrete; 1.5hp 2 speed Tristar pump, 300sq.ft. Cartridge filter, AquaLogic PS-4 w/ Tcell-15, Navigator suction cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger987
    I don't need any lawn help... I've got 4 acres of the healthiest weeds & fire ants you ever saw, and I don't have to do hardly anything!
    Strange as this may sound to you, some people are kind of odd and don't care for weeds and fire ants. Go figure!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Yeah, the neighbors are like that... I don't understand!?
    APSP CST Certified
    17k inground concrete; 1.5hp 2 speed Tristar pump, 300sq.ft. Cartridge filter, AquaLogic PS-4 w/ Tcell-15, Navigator suction cleaner.