Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: We closed on the house and now I am a pool owner....

1. Back To Top    #1

We closed on the house and now I am a pool owner....

I have been lurking here for a little while. The stress of getting this house was almost too much. I asked the seller to give me a quick rundown of how he operated the pool and he says.."No problem, I will drop it off in the mail box"....what I received was "due to liabilities and other concerns......we cant give you any direction in the operation of the pool. At first I called him a bunch of bad names, and then decided that GOOD, I WILL USE TFP.COM.

This is what I have done....became a lifemember, ordered a test kit. What I will do is get the numbers and take some pictures and then I will be in the hands of the TFP Grand Pubahs.

Wish me luck, but with this group I dont think I will need any luck.
    Thanks in advance

Tony in Athens AL
    Tony
    ______

My Pool set up:

28,000 gal, 40x32x16 True "L" IGP, 3-8.5 ft depth, Hayward 1.5hp Super Pump, Pro Seriews 300# sand filter, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, Barracuda III suction cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tony, first of all WELCOME TO TFP! Also, thanks for the support. You are already off to a great start. If I know Dave, your kit will go out in the mail tomorrow and you'll have those test numbers in no time.

On a side note, my question to your obviously litigeous seller would be, "What liability are you assuming by NOT giving me instructions as to how to operate all of this equipment?" At the very least, they should have provided all the manufacturers info - some people.

Sounds like you have a good attitude though. Make sure to share some pictures when you are able.

Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    where do they live now? I know some people in Alabama who can "take care" of this little problem for you.
    What a sorry POS - he told you he would tell you and then pulled that ****? Hopefully they didn't move to Texas.

and BTW - Welcome to TFP!
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

4. Back To Top    #4
    Hi Tony, and WELCOME to TFP.

In a very short time, YOU will know more about your pool than that POS (pool owner seller? Brian?)

Sounds to me like you already have your plan in mind and taking steps to get things under control. You will do great. Don't forget to post those pix!

p.s. I hope they did not move to South Carolina.....

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the support

They moved to Waycross GA. They are POS's and I do not mean pool owner seller. There were a couple of things....a ceiling fan that was not specifically mentioned either way, and a lawn tractor that started perfectly a couple of weeks ago that had a dead battery on Sat.

Yes, I am real glad to be here...I have questions that I have to put in a different section I think.
    I will post more detailed info, but the filter is a Hayword 300# sand filter and I think it is a Hayword pump as well.
    Later
    Tony
    ______

My Pool set up:

28,000 gal, 40x32x16 True "L" IGP, 3-8.5 ft depth, Hayward 1.5hp Super Pump, Pro Seriews 300# sand filter, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, Barracuda III suction cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi, Tony! Welcome to the group and congratulations on the new home and pool.

Sounds like the cuckoobirds that I bought my house from. I didn't realize that sellers could be so obnoxious.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

7. Back To Top    #7
    There are always a few bad apples out there.. Luckily my sellers were great. They dilligently explained to me how they maintained and tested the pool. What all the equipment was meant for etc. etc. From the info they gave me, my own research and TFP I gathered that they were heavily "Pool Store'd". So three weeks later here I am with a great pool on BBB and I haven't touched any of the two big 40 Gallon bins of chemicals(Mostly pucks and shock) they left us...

But I do have about 6 big Great Value jugs of Bleach lined up in the pool shed and plan on visiting my local HD for some Muriatic acid.
    16,000 G in ground Gunnite (plastered) with attached Spa, Gemini 3 NG Heater, Sta-rite cartridge filter, Aquabot Mark V, TF test kit