How does Backwash work in VF pump with Cartridge Filter ?

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
pg 17 of the Quick Start Guide (IntelliFlow VF)

A Rinse cycle is automatically executed after the Backwash cycle. ....you need to set the Backward Flow and Duration and Rinse Duration.
When using cartridge filters, the backwash cycle must be performed when cleaning or replacing filters.

What does that mean? Does the pump start running Rinse Backward Flow or what is this telling me takes place? Am I not to shut down pump when doing a rinse of the cartridge?

Re: How does Backwash work in VF-3050 with Cartridge Filter ?

PoolGuy,

Thank you, I note however that the manual for the VF and the programming requires one to enter something into this section of the program.

Just enter 1 minute or Zero time?

I don't own a VF (went with a VS), but I think from looking through their manuals the OP is correct.

There has to be some setting so the pump can execute a rinse to reset it's internal "clean" pressure level. It can be as short as a minute I think, but that's all I recall - probably time to give Pentair Customer service a call and have them walk through the settings for a cartridge filter.

Hmmm.... the thing is, the programming setup must be done, so quite certain the section does require a value, otherwise it would not be in the Quick Start Guide, written in USA (not India, not China, not Japan)

Have to keep on researching or call Pentair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.