Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How does Backwash work in VF pump with Cartridge Filter ?

1. Back To Top    #1

How does Backwash work in VF pump with Cartridge Filter ?

pg 17 of the Quick Start Guide (IntelliFlow VF)

A Rinse cycle is automatically executed after the Backwash cycle. ....you need to set the Backward Flow and Duration and Rinse Duration.
    When using cartridge filters, the backwash cycle must be performed when cleaning or replacing filters.
    What does that mean? Does the pump start running Rinse Backward Flow or what is this telling me takes place? Am I not to shut down pump when doing a rinse of the cartridge?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How does Backwash work in VF-3050 with Cartridge Filter ?

Cartridge filters are not backwashed so you won't need to use this. I expect it a typo.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

PoolGuy,

Thank you, I note however that the manual for the VF and the programming requires one to enter something into this section of the program.

Just enter 1 minute or Zero time?

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't think you need that program at all. Just turn off the pump, clean the carts, then turn it back on when you're done.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't own a VF (went with a VS), but I think from looking through their manuals the OP is correct.

There has to be some setting so the pump can execute a rinse to reset it's internal "clean" pressure level. It can be as short as a minute I think, but that's all I recall - probably time to give Pentair Customer service a call and have them walk through the settings for a cartridge filter.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

6. Back To Top    #6

Hmmm.... the thing is, the programming setup must be done, so quite certain the section does require a value, otherwise it would not be in the Quick Start Guide, written in USA (not India, not China, not Japan)

Have to keep on researching or call Pentair.