Water behind liner

Jun 15, 2010
NB, Canada
My pool is closed. Since the closure, we've had a lot of rain, so it is full to the skimmer again.

This past weekend we had a strong wind and huge amounts of rain. I noticed that the liner is bubbling on the sides of the pool. The liner was replaced new this summer. I called the pool guy and he said it's because we've had so much rain in such a short period. He says the water should remove itself when it stops raining for a few days.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem before? I would like for this to be fixed before it freezes.

In ground SW 20x40 pool with vinyl liner.

Thanks!

What you're dealing with is what I refer to as 'surface water' (as opposed to ground water)

You've gotten so much rain in a short time that it's 'puddling' around the pool and pushing the liner around. It probably won't harm the liner, but if the PB put wall foam on, the foam might float and create wrinkles. :(

The only real solution is better drainage around the pool which involves a good bit of work and a fair amount of money :evil:

I'll gladly help you decide on a course of action, but, I'll be out of town (& away from my computer) from Tues. to Sat. :|

I gave the pool builder a call (was built over 12 years ago). They said that the landscaping company had clogged the drain tiles and were supposed to come back and fix it (back then). She's not sure if this was ever done.

I don't understand a whole lot about drainage, but shouldn't there be some pipes sticking out of the ground in order for the water to flow out of the drain tiles? If not can someone explain to me how this should work to remove water in the ground near the pool?

The weather is getting colder up here and the water doesn't seem to be removing itself from behind the liner. We're also expecting some more rain soon.

Thanks!

OK, lets talk :)

Without your providing us a few pics or a detailed description of your topography - all we can do is guess :oops:

It sounds like you have some sort of drainage system in place, but it's congested :(

Here is some advice I've given to another poster with a similar issue.

Depending on your situation, you may need to install a 'well point' or two :cry:

Again, let us know your situation, and we'll give our best advice :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.