Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how to keep chlorine in pool with broken pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

how to keep chlorine in pool with broken pump?

I am trying to get my pump fixed, so how can i keep my pool from turning? Can i put pucks in the floater? I think i read somewhere before you shouldn't just put bleach in a non circulating pool, but can't remember.
    new house: TBDK gal IG plaster pool, filter Titan CM DE filter 36 sq ft , 1.5 HP Pump; Polaris 380

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: how to keep chlorine in pool with broken pump?

You can put tablets in a floater but the same rules apply, It needs to be circulated. You can put bleach in the pool and use the brush to stir it up or you could use a sump pump to promote circulation in either case.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

OK, thanks. I'll go with the bleach tonight, take it up to 6-7 ppm and brush the entire pool immediately after.
    new house: TBDK gal IG plaster pool, filter Titan CM DE filter 36 sq ft , 1.5 HP Pump; Polaris 380

4. Back To Top    #4

The Wall Whale pool brush does an amazing job of agitating the water. The surface looks like it is boiling when the wave rises to the surface.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

Generally speaking, you can walk around the perimeter of the pool and dribble/pour bleach into the pool as you go around. It distributes the bleach around the pool and allows it to disperse more evenly than just pouring it in one spot.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]