Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time pool cover questions

1. Back To Top    #1

First time pool cover questions

First year to try a pool cover. Here is the info on the pool cover:
    24 X 40-FT Rectangle Blue Solar Cover 16 Mil - 10 Year Warranty

I created a little video for you to get a feel for the "current state".
    http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/t ... lcover.mp4

We have questions.
    How do we clean the debris on top? Vacuum?
    Is the pool cleaner efficiency normally affected? Because ours is working but doesn't seem to be picking up as much as it normally would.

Thank you in advance!
    Sonflower
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time pool cover questions

You really dont do anything. You crank it off with the roller (do you have a roller)? and let the stuff fall in the pool then clean it up. I guess you could try and rake it off with a pool brush the best you can before you fold it or roll it up. Really, a solar cover is not meant to keep debris out of the pool like a solid or even tight mesh winter cover. A solar cover is really designed to only to retain heat, not act as an offseason cover.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ah, ok! It definitely helps keep the water warm. Big difference there.

Did not realize it was not meant to keep debris out. Our bad.

No roller contraption here, just good old manpower.
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh! I have a question. I did not see "Pool Covers" in Pool School.

Is there an article and I missed it? Thank you for your patience!