Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winterizing Pool Slide?

1. Back To Top    #1

Winterizing Pool Slide?

After having the pool man help me close, i have a question. What would be the proper position for the valve going to the side? The guy last year left it open and did nothing to it. The guy this year took the union apart, blew it out, added antifreeze, and then reconnected and shut the valve.

I am concerned that water can somehow enter the slide pipe via the outlet that disperses water onto the slide surface, and then freeze. Could that be possible?

10,000 gallon
    Viking Freeform Fiberglass Inground Pool. FNS Plus DE Filter Pentair Challenger .75hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Winterizing Pool Slide?

I don't know that it matters but without knowing if a significant amount of water can get back down the slide discharge I can't say.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

As long as the pipe was blown out fully first, it won't matter. I personally would have left the valve open and not bothered with antifreeze.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4
    New Jersey shore

id open the valve. Anti-freeze wasnt a bad idea. Probably wasnt needed, but better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it!
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]