Where did you get your poolvergnuegen?

Oct 25, 2010
Update 11/16/10: Original questions was "Hayward Pool Vac XL or the Navigator Pro", and now I have a new question.

Thanks for the suggestions. After reading more on this forum, looks like I have decided to go with the 2 wheel poolvergnuegen cleaner. I called the http://www.thepoolcleaner.com and I cannot purchase directly from them. They gave me local dealers who I can purchase it from, but everyone I call keeps telling me they don't sell them and I need to call Leslie's. I'm located in Huntington Beach, CA.

Anyone recommend a reputable online seller with a reasonable price? I was thinking of purchasing from http://www.backyardpoolsuperstore.com. One positive reseller rating. Where did you all buy your poolvergnuegen from?

Hello,
I am new to the forum and to pool maintenance as well. I found lots of great information on this forum and pool school and now I am on to getting a pool cleaner. Our pool was recently replastered and new equipment was put in. It is a 15,000 gallon salt water system. It has one skimmer and a dedicated vacuum line. The pool is oddly shaped, almost like a kidney bean with corners here and there. It is 3 - 9 feet in depth.

I was wondering if I could get some opinions/experiences on the Hayward Pool Vac XL or the Navigator Pro. I was told from Leslie's that they are the same just different body tops. Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the suggestions. After reading more on this forum, looks like I have decided to go with the 2 wheel poolvergnuegen cleaner. I called the www.thepoolcleaner.com and I cannot purchase directly from them. They gave me local dealers who I can purchase it from, but everyone I call keeps telling me they don't sell them and I need to call Leslie's. I'm located in Huntington Beach, CA.

Anyone recommend a reputable online seller with a reasonable price? I was thinking of purchasing from www.backyardpoolsuperstore.com. One positive reseller rating. Where did you all buy your poolvergnuegen from?

acroy said:
LOL, the other guys completely missed your question! :)

I bought mine, and my uncle bought mine, and I suggest you buy yours, from http://www.poolservicestech.com/

They are on this board as salp (see his post above :)) and simicriz (or some such), and are well regarded.

Good choice and best to you!

Lol, no they didn't. I just updated my topic post instead of creating and new thread. Original questions was "Hayward Pool Vac XL or the Navigator Pro".

Everyone here has been very helpful. Thanks for your suggestion.

The poolvergnuegen has been great and the pool is nice and clean. Still trying to get it to climb the walls all the way. I am at about 12 rpm and playing with the floaters to get the right lift to get it all the way up the walls. It only goes about a foot, and falls down.

I bought mine at Herb's Pool Service which is my local pool store. I got the 4-wheel pressure-side The Pool Cleaner and have a dedicated line for it.

It doesn't climb the walls, but since it doesn't have any rotating brushes I don't really see the need for that. It's really designed to pick up debris and that's usually on the floor. I manually brush all pool surfaces weekly. If one wants a cleaner that replaces a need for brushing, then one needs a different sort of cleaner -- perhaps one of the electric robotic ones though they are a lot more expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.