cloudy water

coachj

Oct 23, 2010
Arizona
Hi, I had a huge algae problem, it finally cleared up and now the water is super cloudy. I had this aqua chem testing kit. ( I will order a better one from here soon as I use these up)
They suggest I put in a sink and sweep, it says it takes all the old dead particles and drops it to the floor to be swept up.

My chemicals are as follows:
TH 250
TC7
FC7
PH 6.5ISH
TA 120
CYA 50

i AM TRYING to switch over to the BBB method and I am not doing a great job yet.
Does anyone know what I should do now to get the cloudy look out?

It does take some time. You just have to keep the filter running as much as possible, backwash and sweep. I don't think I would put any more chemicals in the water. Did you happen to do the overnight FC test. I notice your TC and FC are equal which is good but you want to make sure you pass the overnight FC test. Also, your pH needs to come up some, it is low. Try to get it closer to 7.5.

Do i buy some ph up or is there a bbb way to raise ph? I am sorry I am going to do the school again to remember but I have a lot of " Crud" in life right now stressing me out and i can barely remember anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.