Spillover Spa Wall Top between spa and pool missing?

Oct 30, 2010
I bought a house with an in-ground concrete ad tile pool with a matching spillover spa, and I can't tell you how valuable this website is to help me learn about my new equipment as a first time pool owner.

My issue is the wall between the spa and pool looks like it is missing it's top; meaning, the wall separating the pool and spa consists of the pool wall for about 2 feet from the bottom, then 2 rows of 4 glass blocks, and that's it. It looks like at some point there was something on top of the glass block (it looks unfinished and rough) that maybe created a waterfall effect into the pool, but the piece is missing.

Does anyone know if that missing piece can be replaced, and what the piece would be called, or will this have to be custom made? I have been looking all over the internet, but have come up empty so far on what it would even be called.

Thanks in advance,

Sorry, I should have posted pics on the initial post. I tried to get a top down view of the block wall, but it's kind of hard to get a good shot of it. If I look along the wall of the pool/spa split above where the block wall is, I can see a faint outline of something that was about an inch thick (it's an outline of what looks like caulk or grout on the tile). The top of the glass wall just looks unfinished to me, you can see the rough spots on the top of the wall that kind of look like grout patches, but maybe that's the way it is supposed to be.

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 95
  • photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 89
  • photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 89
Thank you, the pool was severely neglected by the prior owner, and I have spent a lot of time restoring it. This wall has been bugging me because it just looks like something is missing from the top. Given the neglect, I just assumed the prior owner broke something off of the top of the wall but haven't been able to find an off the shelf product that would go there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.