how to close 8 inch raised hottub??

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
They did the pool good, drained it 2 inches below skimmer and screwed the plugs in the return jets, But i'm worried about the hottub.

how to close 8 inch raised hottub??

Bought my pool in the summer, this is how they closed the hottub, they left the water inside and covered it with a tarp, as you can see in the picture. I live in michigan, freezing cold. the pool closers said don't worry about??

what is the proper way of closing a hottub as you see in the picture? should i drain it?

help much appreciated. thanks

Attachments

• hottub.jpg
    hottub.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 51
Welcome to TFP!!

I've got lots of experience with the set-up you have and think I can offer some help.

It's always hard to get a cover to fully seal around an above deck structure :evil: Your guys didn't even try to have a cover made that would do the spa and the pool (this is NOT a bad thing!) However, they also didn't include the spa when they ordered the cover, leaving you with a gap on either side of the spa :rant: . It's easy enough to go get a couple watertubes to fill the gaps :)

It looks like they used an AG cover for the spa. Again, that's fine. As long as they blew and plugged the jets and fill line - you shouldn't have any trouble. Also, I've had a few spas, like yours, float on me - if they were drained and the 'ground water' got too high, so I think that they were being responsible in not lowering the water any further.

I'm here most every day, if you have any questions about what I've said :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.