I have researched for two weeks so as to not waste our time. I finally realized that the dye test was the way to go. I found some immediate leaks where the skimmer connects. The dye went straight to the spots illustrated. I am leaking about 0.75" a day, but the leak slows down drastically after water is no longer entering the skimmer. The leaks are outlined in the pic. You will see where a pool guy already tried laying down a cord of putty, but only the cheap fix only scratched the surface. My logic tells me that I can either keep patching or rebuild the area. I am asking for and I welcome your help! I will document my journey at this portal to help the site and those coming behind me!