Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Georgia: Bison rescued from swimming pool

Georgia: Bison rescued from swimming pool

Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

Re: Georgia: Bison rescued from swimming pool

That look like a Loop-loc or a similar type safety cover. I thought they were supposed to hold an elephant
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

Someone needs to e-mail this gent the inground closing instructions too...looks like that cover has been on for quite some time
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by bk406
    That look like a Loop-loc or a similar type safety cover. I thought they were supposed to hold an elephant
    Elephants don't have hooves (a deer will also tear through a safety cover, and wreck the liner ... been there done that )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

Thats what homeowners insurance is for
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

Depending on how long that creature was in the pool, it might be time to replace the filters! If it were me, I'd probably have to drain and refill. Just the thought of swimming in the same water as a big wet fur-covered hamburger...

I'm glad the guy found him before he drowned! I'm having a hard time NOT thinking about the "if" he didn't see him in there... because no leaf rake would get what laid at the bottom of that pool come Spring!

There'd definately be a Thread... "Why does my pool stink like a dead bison after adding 958,210 gallons of bleach? <with pics>

Opened Pool 4/10/14
    Sharkline Venture 24'x54"
    Let's Get This Party Started!