Winterising Our Pool ?

Robin

Oct 25, 2010
Hello from a new 'recruit' to this forum.

May I ask a simple question please ?

I am about to put Winter Chemicals into our pool.The PH and Chlorine levels are as required.
I want to retain the pool level and not reduce it below the skimmers .
I intend to run the pump over winter , a couple of hours a day and the same at night.

Is it OK to run the pump with the winter chemicals in the water ?
Is there anything 'corrosive' in the winter chemicals that may damage the system ?

Sorry to ask a question which is probably common sense to you all !
I don't want to make a mistake.

We live in S.W.France where the winters are usually 'moderate'. If it gets very cold and possibly freezing I shall run the pump more frequently.

Robin, welcome to TFP!
What do you mean by "winter chemicals"? Are you planning on covering the pool? If you're not planning on doing a full closing, then I don't think you need to add any special chemicals. My pool stays open all year, and I don't do anything different in the winter.

Welcome to TFP.

If you're going to run the pump anyway you don't need to add anything except your normal method of chlorination unless it's a SWCG. Below about 10ºC it won't work and you'll have to manually add chlorine to maintain the FC.

ETA: Typing at the same time as the others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.