Closing instructions for curing plaster

Thanks, Kurt, but when is it going to start ACTING like OLD plaster? :shock: I still add MA every 3 or 4 days....7 or 8 cups per week! What happens to the chemistry when the water temp is below 60 degrees?

Joyce

jjparrish said:
Thanks, Kurt, but when is it going to start ACTING like OLD plaster? :shock: I still add MA every 3 or 4 days....7 or 8 cups per week! ...

Joyce

I don't know. Mine is almost two years old and my pH is still constantly rising. Even with a total alkalinity of 60-80 ppm (depending on the pH, 50-80 ppm borates, and using tri-chlor most of this summer. Some pools are just acid eaters.

I don't close as the climate here is mild. I probably added acid once a week or so from November through March/April. I try not to fight the pH too much. I let it drift up to 8 or even a little higher and then only take it back down to 7.8 or so. I use a lot less acid this way than when I was trying to keep the pH down in the 7.2-7.6 range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.