Pool Wall coming out of the top rail

spinny

Oct 22, 2010
I was just reading this thread and did you have to take a section of the top rail off? Our pool wall is coming out of the top rail and has come loose from the coping too. How should we repair that and how much water would we have to drain out to do it?

Re: Repair needed: small section of liner off coping

spinny said:
I was just reading this thread and did you have to take a section of the top rail off? Our pool wall is coming out of the top rail and has come loose from the coping too. How should we repair that and how much water would we have to drain out to do it?

Hi Spinny, welcome to TFP! I asked one of the moderators to move your question to a new thread so you will be more likely to get answers that pertain to your problem.

It sounds like you have an above ground pool, is that correct? If so, do you know if your liner is an overlap or a j-hook type liner? If you could post a picture of the problem that would help us better answer your question.

Hi! Thank you for welcoming me.

How do I find this new thread if it should be moved?

I cannot take a picture as I can not get a camera under the ledge since there is still water in the pool.

Let me try to explain it better.

I do have an above ground pool with an overlap liner. When you are standing in it if you look up under the top rail there is a metal track that runs through the middle of it.

There is a white plastic piece, which I believe is called the coping? It has slipped out of this track and the wall has slipped out of a different piece of coping. There are two seperate pieces of coping under one track. One piece has come out of the track under the top rail and in the other area the wall appears to have come out of the coping.

snx-Coping-Strips.jpg

In this picture I found if you look at the white piece on top of the liner/wall. That fits into what looks like a metal track under out top rail. It has slipped out of that rail in one part and the wall has slipped out of the plastic piece in another area.

If a small area (less than 1 top rail section) and this is a round agp, you can take apart that section of top rail and just push the wall in until it snaps back in place, then tighten the top top rail back. Since I have no experience with this on an oval, I'll refrain from suggesting the same as I'm not sure if there is added stress on the wall due to shape.

Spinny, welcome to TFP!!

Does the rest of your liner 'overlap' the pool (as in, you can see the liner on the outside of the pool) or is it connected to a track in the coping?

Or... from your post, it sounds like the 'clip' that pinches the liner in place is coming off/ out :? If so, how's the liner overlap doing?

Sorry for the questions, but I need to be on the 'same page' as you to proffer help :cool:

It is an oval pool. 20x40 Doughboy. The liner is 4 months old. It is two coping sections but both are under one top rail section.

The liner is folded under so you can see some of it from the outside of the pool. You can see the folded edge.

The edges of the liner are folded under and it comes up over the top of the wall and then back under the inside of the pool. I was actually able to get the camera at a pretty good angel I think so you can see what I mean.

232323232%7Ffp63385%3Enu%3D338%3B%3E592%3E%3A63%3EWSNRCG%3D3349%3A65238345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D338%3B%3E592%3E%3A63%3EWSNRCG%3D3349%3A499%3A5345nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63399%3Enu%3D338%3B%3E592%3E%3A63%3EWSNRCG%3D3349%3A65239345nu0mrj

Is the pool 4 months old as well? I would talk to the installer first and see if they will come and fix it. It should not be coming loose so soon after it was installed. If the whole pool is only 4 months old I would talk to the installer and the seller if they are two seperate companies.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.