Second meeting w/ PB in So Cal..what else should I ask?

Apr 28, 2010
So I've been reading and reading and reading, and I think we have found a PB we like and are comfortable with. We are meeting tomorrow to look at materials and go look at some pools. Any advice on this set up??

I know I need to find out how many/where skimmers and returns as well as the exact equipment model #s. I also asked about pipe size. They use rigid. He said the plumber will calculate for the most efficient pipe size based on length of runs and output at the pump head (? or something like that) but will be either 2-1/2 or 3 inch. We are also thinking of going 4' to 7' deep as we have 2 boys (advice on that?) no diving board or anything though, just the raised bond beam.

We are going w/ reg lights instead of LED because we have to try to keep to a budget somewhere, plus we can upgrade those later on if we decide we really want them, but to be honest with toddlers and an early schedule, we go to bed really early :)

Pool per plan 32’L x 17’6” W (3’6” to 6’deep) 94’Perimeter/500 sq ft w/spa with 5’ access
7’ spa in 24” raised bond beam with stacked stone exterior, 6 jets, and 18” spillway
4’ of 6” 4’ of 12”, 21’ 0f 18”, and 16’ of 24” raised bond beam with choice of tile or stacked stone finish
Entry steps with baja step, umbrella sleeve, and 4’ loveseat per plan
Hayward or Pentair cartridge filter (525 Sq Ft minimum)
Aquarite salt system (40,000 gal capacity) (pool calcs at 20,300 gallons)
Hayward or Pentair variable speed pump to exceed 2008 Title 20 energy standards
Hayward or Pentair 400,000 BTU low nox/low profile heater w/105’ gas run to equip set
Hayward Navigator pool cleaner with dedicated pool cleaner vacuum line
500W pool light and 100W spa light
Skimmer run and return line runs and two main drains
Electric run with sub panel and GFI @ equip, and pool/spa light runs
Pre Cast coping (choice of seven colors) in bull nosed or flagstone style
Waterline tile up to grade #3 (approx. 500 choices)
PebbleFina plaster application by certified Pebbletec installer
Remove one grass and one concrete load with saw cut of patio
Permit charges and Zone charges
Pool start up and individual instruction training with separate salt system start up
First month of pool service provided
Water test kit, brush, skimmer net, and telescoping pole
-Above referenced amenities in addition to standard pool construction specifications
with 5 year guarantee on all equipment and lifetime structural warranty

Thanks!

Let me repeat my design advice: put the skimmer at the extreme downwind side of your pool. Mine isn't, so when the afternoon breeze picks up, everything goes right on by the skimmer and sits at the end.

Take your time; any mistakes you make will be set in concrete.

Richard320 said:
Let me repeat my design advice: put the skimmer at the extreme downwind side of your pool. Mine isn't, so when the afternoon breeze picks up, everything goes right on by the skimmer and sits at the end.

Take your time; any mistakes you make will be set in concrete.

Love it - My pool has the same issue... all the Crud blows to the shallow end, skimmers are in the deep end. On the flip side though, the wind is kind enough to at-least blow them all to an easily netted area...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.