Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Second meeting w/ PB in So Cal..what else should I ask?

1. Back To Top    #1

Second meeting w/ PB in So Cal..what else should I ask?

So I've been reading and reading and reading, and I think we have found a PB we like and are comfortable with. We are meeting tomorrow to look at materials and go look at some pools. Any advice on this set up??

I know I need to find out how many/where skimmers and returns as well as the exact equipment model #s. I also asked about pipe size. They use rigid. He said the plumber will calculate for the most efficient pipe size based on length of runs and output at the pump head (? or something like that) but will be either 2-1/2 or 3 inch. We are also thinking of going 4' to 7' deep as we have 2 boys (advice on that?) no diving board or anything though, just the raised bond beam.

We are going w/ reg lights instead of LED because we have to try to keep to a budget somewhere, plus we can upgrade those later on if we decide we really want them, but to be honest with toddlers and an early schedule, we go to bed really early

Pool per plan 32’L x 17’6” W (3’6” to 6’deep) 94’Perimeter/500 sq ft w/spa with 5’ access
    7’ spa in 24” raised bond beam with stacked stone exterior, 6 jets, and 18” spillway
    4’ of 6” 4’ of 12”, 21’ 0f 18”, and 16’ of 24” raised bond beam with choice of tile or stacked stone finish
    Entry steps with baja step, umbrella sleeve, and 4’ loveseat per plan
    Hayward or Pentair cartridge filter (525 Sq Ft minimum)
    Aquarite salt system (40,000 gal capacity) (pool calcs at 20,300 gallons)
    Hayward or Pentair variable speed pump to exceed 2008 Title 20 energy standards
    Hayward or Pentair 400,000 BTU low nox/low profile heater w/105’ gas run to equip set
    Hayward Navigator pool cleaner with dedicated pool cleaner vacuum line
    500W pool light and 100W spa light
    Skimmer run and return line runs and two main drains
    Electric run with sub panel and GFI @ equip, and pool/spa light runs
    Pre Cast coping (choice of seven colors) in bull nosed or flagstone style
    Waterline tile up to grade #3 (approx. 500 choices)
    PebbleFina plaster application by certified Pebbletec installer
    Remove one grass and one concrete load with saw cut of patio
    Permit charges and Zone charges
    Pool start up and individual instruction training with separate salt system start up
    First month of pool service provided
    Water test kit, brush, skimmer net, and telescoping pole
    -Above referenced amenities in addition to standard pool construction specifications
    with 5 year guarantee on all equipment and lifetime structural warranty

Thanks!
    9,000 Plaster IG Pool & Spa
    Hayward Pro Series Top Mount Sand Filter System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Second meeting w/ PB in So Cal..what else should I ask?

Let me repeat my design advice: put the skimmer at the extreme downwind side of your pool. Mine isn't, so when the afternoon breeze picks up, everything goes right on by the skimmer and sits at the end.

Take your time; any mistakes you make will be set in concrete.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Let me repeat my design advice: put the skimmer at the extreme downwind side of your pool. Mine isn't, so when the afternoon breeze picks up, everything goes right on by the skimmer and sits at the end.

Take your time; any mistakes you make will be set in concrete.
    Love it - My pool has the same issue... all the **** blows to the shallow end, skimmers are in the deep end. On the flip side though, the wind is kind enough to at-least blow them all to an easily netted area...
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! We will definitely make sure to get that settled!
    9,000 Plaster IG Pool & Spa
    Hayward Pro Series Top Mount Sand Filter System