Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MD Pool Builder Recommendations (Baltimore Area prefer)

1. Back To Top    #1

MD Pool Builder Recommendations (Baltimore Area prefer)

Looking to have my pool rehab'ed so looking for a reputable and reasonably priced pool builder. I live just North East of Baltimore so would prefer one close or that will work in my area.

Thanks for any help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: MD Pool Builder Recommendations (Baltimore Area prefer)

Anyone from Maryland?

3. Back To Top    #3

The forum is not that active in the winter months. Just wait. Somebody will eventually respond. :P
    1971 San Juan Fiberglass pool 12,000 gallons
    New Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    New Pentair FNS DE filter 64sq
    All 1.5" piping and no heater
    1 skimmer, 1 main drain, and 2 returns

4. Back To Top    #4

Shoot that should be when people are the most active because their pools are closed for winter! LOL!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd look at Elite Pools of MD (they built mine in the last 12 months and we're very happy with it). Pleasure Pools also has a great reputation and was very competitive in bidding for our new build. I'm in Harford County and both operate in this region.
    25' x 37' freeform, 22,000 gallon saltwater, 3'6" to 6'6" deep, including baja shelf and benches, 120 ft EP Henry retaining wall
    Pentair equipment (CC420 cartridge filter, VS-3050 variable speed pump, IC 60 salt cell, EasyTouch), 200 sq ft pool house
    View our Pool Build - View our Pool House Build

6. Back To Top    #6

thanx Bobin!

7. Back To Top    #7

Don't want to create a new thread, so I'll bring this one back... I need some recommendations as well. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

8. Back To Top    #8

What type of pool are you looking for?
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

9. Back To Top    #9

In addition to Elite (which we used, and remain happy with 3 years later) and Pleasure Pools, both for gunite, we have a neighbor who used Regina Pools for a fiberglass job and they seem very happy with it, as well. We also got a quote from Anthony-Sylvan and it was lower in cost, but at the time their BBB rating was a B in MD, the others were an A or A+. Also, I just didn't like the sales process with A-S. Elite and Pleasure approached us like a custom home builder would. A-S was more like a mobile home salesman. That said, A-S does have many references locally who seem very pleased.

The good news is that you have a number of reputable builders to choose from in the Baltimore area. Just do your homework, follow all the typical rules when as you would hiring any home contractor, and research on TFP.
    25' x 37' freeform, 22,000 gallon saltwater, 3'6" to 6'6" deep, including baja shelf and benches, 120 ft EP Henry retaining wall
    Pentair equipment (CC420 cartridge filter, VS-3050 variable speed pump, IC 60 salt cell, EasyTouch), 200 sq ft pool house
    View our Pool Build - View our Pool House Build

10. Back To Top    #10

Jim, I have not decided between gunite and vinyl yet.

Bob, I have Elite coming in tomorrow, I already spoke with two gunite builders (A/S and MD pools) and one two vinyl builders, for gunite neither impressed me plus they have bad reviews and for vinyl one was Regina (really liked Fran, but pricey for a vinyl) and the other (Admiral enterprises) have not got back with the quote yet. I also, called two other builders (Johnson pools ans Backyard creations) but still waiting for a call back.
    As for Pleasure pools, I think they're out of business (unless they changed the name) as their site is down and the phone numbers are no longer in service...
    I would love to get some more feedback on the reputable builders I should call, it's been very frustrating as I feel like I'm shooting in the dark, they all have a great sales pitch but so many horror stories out there...
    Please message me or email me with some feedback if you'd rather do it in private. My email is azmp1@hotmail.com

Thank you all!

Alex
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

11. Back To Top    #11

Hey my Maryland neighbors! Any more feedback you can give me? Still looking to interview few more builders and really rather to not waste time on deadbeat builders...

12. Back To Top    #12

Try Lotharian Pools, I had them highly recommended when my build was going south.
    24000 Gallon Cool Blue Diamond Brite, 1HP Pentair Whisperflo, Hayward DE, Polaris 380 Cleaner

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

We talked to Backyard Creations in October '12 and received some feedback but never a quote. Then called one more time and nothing. I just checked their website today out of curiosity and it is offline. An answering machine still picks up the phone though. Cannot recommend based on my experience...though they may be out of business anyway.

Liked Elite and Johnson in the interview process, but went with Vista Pro out of Annapolis. Just getting started. Elite are younger guys that seem very excited to build pools. Johnson is run by mature business people who build pools. I think that could have some advantages on the customer service side of things.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Azmp1
    Hey my Maryland neighbors! Any more feedback you can give me? Still looking to interview few more builders and really rather to not waste time on deadbeat builders...
    Hello,

I am in Md and just wondering what builder you went with? I am in very early stages of looking for a builder.

Thanks
    ~30K gal, IG 20' x 40' gunite ... maybe next year ;)

15. Back To Top    #15

Hello all-

We are in central Maryland (Carroll County) and are going through the builder interview process. We've spoken with Maryland Pools and were impressed. I'd be interested in any recommendations others could offer for builders in this area and any specific experiences (good or otherwise) you've had. I'd prefer to use a local builder, but would consider a national builder if someone had a strong case/great experience.

Thanks-

16. Back To Top    #16

We ended up using Elite and are very happy with our pool, but the landscaper that works with Elite not so much. I would certainly recommend Elite, but get your own landscaper for any deck, wall, landscaping needs.

17. Back To Top    #17

I just met with Mike from Elite. He tossed out a couple of names for wall builders. Which hardscaper should I stay away from?

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by grasscutr23 View Post
    I just met with Mike from Elite. He tossed out a couple of names for wall builders. Which hardscaper should I stay away from?
    Sorry for the late response as you probably already pulled the trigger, I Pm 'd with a name of the hardscaping company I had issues with.