Getting ready to close!

Oct 8, 2009
We are having our pool closed this week by the company who built our pool. I plan on balancing the water myself since they want to add algicide and some other stuff I'm not sure of. So here are my numbers...do they look ok or do I need to adjust? Also, do I close the pool at the shock level or start the shock process now and let the FC fall on it's own?

FC...3
TC...3
CC...0
TA...60
CYA..20....will be adding a gallon of liquid stabilizer today...or is that not necessary at this point?
Salt...1850
PH..7.8
water temp...60 degrees

Thanks for any help...first year closing and just want to make sure it's done right!

If you're going to cover the pool with a solid cover I wouldn't add the stabilizer until next spring. That's my opinion due to having to possibly pump water out of the pool and the stabilizer won't be of any help if the sun can't reach the water.

Raise the FC to shock level and cover the pool. It'll drop on it's own over the winter and should still have some FC when you open next spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.