Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC, should I get rid of them immediately ?

1. Back To Top    #1

CC, should I get rid of them immediately ?

Finally got my TFTest kit, but now I am obsessed with the values of my water
    I have a FC level of 3 and CC of 0.5 . Should I get rid of them right away, or should I shock once a week ?
    P_

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CC, should I get rid of them immediately ?

0.5 CC is nothing to worry about. Just keep your FC at the top of the recommended range for your pool and you will not ever need to go through the shock process. (FYI: I say that because shocking a pool is a process and not a one time application dispensed on a schedule ) Enjoy your pool! Looks like you are in the early stages of sparklypoolitis!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you ran the OCLT (overnight chlorine loss test) yet? That will really determine whether you need to shock or not. As Zea said, there's no "schedule" to shocking. You only shock when you need to.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks,I understood the concept of the shock as a process and not a routine. My pool is stable now , but my level of sparklypoolitis is definitely raising .