Cyclrcr... New kid on the block!

Oct 18, 2010
Fannett Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello everyone!

I was forwarded the link to TFP from another forum that I am on. So far this looks like a great site.

My pool.... (I know everyone is interested)
Roman shaped inground with overall dimentions of 20x45, 30+ years old.

Just replaced the filter, pump and diving board. Am in the process of refinancing to rehab. This is my first pool and we haven't been in the house long, but have to freshen her up. Anyone feel free to give me any advice about rehabing.

Well talk to you all later! :goodjob:

Thanks!

Waste: yes it is a plaster pool. The woman we bought the house from was elderly and we don't think she kept up with the chemistry well because the plaster is pitted and down to the concrete in a few spots.

We had two quotes so far one being around $15k and the other at $27k. both quotes were for new tile coping and resurfacing. The first PB ($15k) quoted using Aquafin 2k/m as the resurface media. the warranty looks impressive and sounds better than the pebble type of stuff. Just don't hear too much about it. also he is proposing an AquaComfort SWG... but haven't seen much about that swg ether.

Just so much to think about!

here is a picture of the pool during the first winter in the house. a portion of the deep end was cut out of the picture (right side). Oh and yes the cover is on it... just there was alot of rain/snow then it froze so didn't have time to get water off the cover.

Attachments

• the pool.JPG
    the pool.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 59