Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My SWG requires 6000 PPM

1. Back To Top    #1

My SWG requires 6000 PPM

Hello, I live in Southern Africa and the SWG I am thinking of buying a justchlor brand made in South Africa requires 6000 PPM. From my limited reading all of the other generators require much less salt than this. Is there anything I should be concerned about when running 6000 PPM?
    16,000 gallon pool, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, solar panels, In Ground Plaster with SWG. Living in the southern hemisphere in the "cold" part of Africa in Lesotho.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My SWG requires 6000 PPM

majority of Australian models also use 4500-6000 ppm

nothing specific to 6000pm is required, just general recommendations with SWG

any metal parts exposed to water need to be made of high grade stainless steel and if your pool surrounds are made of natural stone - it's better to get it sealed.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the help.
    16,000 gallon pool, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, solar panels, In Ground Plaster with SWG. Living in the southern hemisphere in the "cold" part of Africa in Lesotho.

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't believe that Pentair will warrant a cell that is in 6,000 ppm salt, so you might want to double check. Like Strannik said, make sure all of your other metallic items (light rings, railings, etc.) and pool equipment will be able to handle the higher salt. Some manufacturers will void warranties in conditions like this.

5. Back To Top    #5

My pool is very basic, no metallic items at all. It looks like most of the local brand are in the same salt range as what I am buying.