Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualink Rs8 Pda Kit + Rs8 Chip = Aquapalm

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualink Rs8 Pda Kit + Rs8 Chip = Aquapalm

I have an Aqualink RS8, which controls, main pump, cleaner, 3 actuators, pool light, heater, blower, and a flood light. I just bought the PDA upgrade kit that came with standard chip (PDA-PS8), which I upgraded to the RS8 (ALRS 8 P&S) chip.

Is it at all possible to keep the inside keypad AND use the full functionality of the PDA/AquaPalm? The spa-side switch is no longer in use/connected to the board. Pleae advise...thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqualink Rs8 Pda Kit + Rs8 Chip = Aquapalm

I have used a PDA remote on a RS system and it does default to operate as an Aquapalm. It may however be dependent on the Revision of the RS chip. It certainly works on the latest Rev Q systems.

Since this is still technically an RS system the inside panel and spa side switch should still work. The PDA/Aquapalm will control all functions however the setup menus are only available on the inside panel.
    22K 18x36 in ground concrete pool. Intelliflo VF, Hayward cartridge filter, Zodiac Tri salt chlorinator with pH control, Rola Chem oRP chlorine dosing. Polaris power stream and deck jets with separate Intelliflo VS. Heattseeker solar heating. Jandy Aqualink.