Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward P4 Aqua Logic - Landscape Lighting?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward P4 Aqua Logic - Landscape Lighting?

I'm currently having a new in ground pool installed and was wondering if the aqua logic system allows one to connect landscaping lighting wire to then have lighting around the backyard and controlled by the aqua logic system? If so, what do I need in addition to the system itself and the wiring?

Previously, I had the lighting connected to a small transformer box that provided 600 watts of power and it was easy for me to calculate how many lights I could have based on the power supplied by that transformer box. However, with the aqua logic system, I don't know if I can even do this nor how many lights I could connect to it.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    27x14x6 IG Salt Water Pool
    Raypak 206 NG Heater
    T-Cell-9 Super Chlorinator
    Hayward Tristar 1/2 HP Pump
    Aqua P4 Logic System w/AquaPod
    Cartridge Filter System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward P4 Aqua Logic - Landscape Lighting?

Connect the transformer to a free relay. People do it all the time.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Only problem is I have no electrical outlet on that side of the house to plug the transformer in... or would I no longer need to plug it in if I connect it to the free relay?
    27x14x6 IG Salt Water Pool
    Raypak 206 NG Heater
    T-Cell-9 Super Chlorinator
    Hayward Tristar 1/2 HP Pump
    Aqua P4 Logic System w/AquaPod
    Cartridge Filter System

4. Back To Top    #4

The relay will need power from a breaker. The relay may transfer power to a GFCI outlet or directly to the lighting transformer if a GFCI breaker is used.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.