Time to reflect upon our TFPs and the 2010 season

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
Well things have certainly slowed down around the forum, so time for me to reflect on the past season. For a good majority of the TFP community, I would think we are near or in the process of shutting down our backyard paradise. That said, I'd like to thank Jason and Dave and the rest of the TFP gang for allowing me to be a mod and for providing us with such a great resource which both helps reduce pool maintenance frustration and perhaps saved us some money on such maintenance. I know it has for me and it's been a pleasure to try to assist others do the same.

That said, I have witnessed many new members join up and with a warm welcome and some solid advice, I think as a team we have done a pretty good job trying to get your pools in a TFP state :goodjob:

Ask yourself..."Has TFP truly helped my pool be Trouble Free?" If your answer is yes and you haven't yet done so, I urge you to become a TFP supporter as a way of saying thanks and assisting the forum grow in the future to help many other frustrated pool owners :rant:

You can read about becoming a supporter here

To the extent you are already a supporter...THANK YOU!!! :whoot: :party:

PS...this was not a paid advertisement...but I wanted to remind everyone that it costs $ to run the forum and access is free, but to the extent we've helped you save some money and you can afford to give back either by becoming a supporter or a brief testimonal, I'm sure management would greatly appreciate it...plus if I'm not mistaken, you get a discount when ordering the Tf100 from tfteskits.net

Thanks everyone and hope you had a great summer :wave:

I second that! I quite literally couldn't have done it without TFP and its helpful crew. Here on Moloka'i, there is no pool store or pool service. (Heck, we don't even have a traffic light.) My pool arrived in boxes on a pallet at the wharf. With the help of this website, I managed to assemble it, plumb it and keep it clean and beautiful.

Thanks, everyone!

Great thread here.
I was pool stored for two years before I found this site and have used the methods taught here exclusively this summer and let me say that my pool has never been cleaner, prettier, and more sparkly :party:

The key is knowing what you are putting in your pool and knowing what to do when things get wacky. If there is trouble a-foot, then the fine folks here are always willing to lend a hand.

Jason et al deserve any and all support financially as well as socially to help keep this great place "afloat" :mrgreen: . A bit of pool humor there :roll:

I became a member as soon as I started to use this forum as it was intended; yes, I was a closet lurker :oops:

Kudos and props to all the mods and special contributors for the endless ideas and information to help the regular guys and gals take control of their pools.

Here's looking toward another great season...and it can't get here quickly enough!
:bowdown:

What they said!! :goodjob: I would have been totally lost about my new pool (now over a year and a half old) without this site...unable to keep my pool healthy or troubleshoot all the little things that finally add up to BIG things. Before TFP I didn't know jack about pool water. Now I'm whippin' that pool into shape with just a small amount of time about every other day at this point. :whip: Beautiful, clean, clear, sparkly water that I know is sanitary, too.

Yes, they've generously made this info "free", but think about becoming a lifetime supporter - it's just the right thing to do if you've saved hundreds to thousands because of what you've learned here. That means... MORE BEER AND MARGARITA MONEY..WooHoo!! :cheers:

In agreement with all the posts on this thread - I discovered this site in early spring this year - I had done alot of pool research before that, but there is much conflicting information out there among "pool professionals", which can be very confusing. The TFP site is remarkably consistent (considering how many people express opinions) and the tools (CYA-chlorine chart, pool calculator) are first-rate. Anyone who hasn't contributed $ yet: think hard about how much money you have saved with the information from this site - I know I have saved hundreds of $ this summer alone, perhaps over a thousand. The return on a $30 investment is better than anything Bernie Madoff offered - and it's legit! :p

Another aspect of the site I appreciate is the positive attitude and respect the moderators and regulars have for fellow posters. I've seen many other sites where there is alot of internet "bullying" going on - even if an acknowledged expert has good information, it's difficult to accept if someone belittles, flames, or mocks those who don't agree. That's virtually absent from this site.

What did I learn this summer? Aldi's has good, cheap bleach; I need to vacuum more, especially in late summer or early fall when dry winds and leaves can kick-start algae; I don't need to check chlorine levels twice to three times every day (but it's so doggone fun! :) ) - unless I'm shocking the pool; I don't need to shock unless I see incipient (I love that word) algae, the water's cloudy, or the chlorine loss is great; a liquidator and pump timer would greatly simplify my life (maybe next season).

Here's looking forward to Pool Season 2011 :cheers:

If it were not for TFP then my pool would be a nightmare instead of a joy! Even now, when my pump has been dead 4 weeks and my pool is full of leaves, my water is still clear. I had added borates in July and I am so glad I did! If anyone wants to build up their shoulder muscles I recommend stirring bleach in to your pool using a leaf net. It is quite a workout! Without TFP I would not know the algae preventing powers of borates and I never would have tried to stir in bleach by hand. Everyday I learn something new and I pass it along when I can. I am happy to be a lifetime supporter of TFP. Thanks for saving me time and money for 2 great summers!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know I was just commenting on another thread how much help TFP has been to us from the first month of our abg pool.

But I forgot the whole premise....Trouble Free Pool....and that is exactly what they have given us!

Thanks, jennifer

Pisces said:
What they said!! :goodjob: I would have been totally lost about my new pool (now over a year and a half old) without this site...unable to keep my pool healthy or troubleshoot all the little things that finally add up to BIG things. Before TFP I didn't know jack about pool water. Now I'm whippin' that pool into shape with just a small amount of time about every other day at this point. :whip: Beautiful, clean, clear, sparkly water that I know is sanitary, too.

Yes, they've generously made this info "free", but think about becoming a lifetime supporter - it's just the right thing to do if you've saved hundreds to thousands because of what you've learned here. That means... MORE BEER AND MARGARITA MONEY..WooHoo!! :cheers:
I second that. This have been a great source :whoot: Kinda feels like family :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.