Removing polaris connector

impvme

Oct 15, 2010
Hi,

The connector of my polaris broke inside the pool wall. Apparently someone glued it into the wall. Any suggestions on how to remove the broken piece without damaging the threads on the wall side connector so I can reinstall my sweep? I think I have two or three returns but the one it was originally hooked up to seems to have the most pressure when returning water to the pool.

Thanks for any info.

impvme

I doubt someone glued it. If it's calcified, grab it with pliers. If that fails, use a hacksaw blade to cut score lines about 45 degrees apart, stopping just shy of the threads. Break the fitting at the score lines and the fitting should become removable when grabbed with pliers. The fitting's diameter will slightly decrease when being turned, releasing hold the calcium deposit or friction that is preventing it's normal removal. Replace the fitting in the Spring.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.