Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing polaris connector

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing polaris connector

The connector of my polaris broke inside the pool wall. Apparently someone glued it into the wall. Any suggestions on how to remove the broken piece without damaging the threads on the wall side connector so I can reinstall my sweep? I think I have two or three returns but the one it was originally hooked up to seems to have the most pressure when returning water to the pool.

Thanks for any info.

in ground plaster kidney ~15500 gal, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 240, Whisper Flow 3/4hp, dedicated pool cleaner w/booster pump mod# PB4, pool - 20+ yrs, pump, filter and booster ~9 yrs, Polaris 380 pool sweep(~15 yo).

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Removing polaris connector

You should be able to get it out with a punch and hammer. Just lay the punch alonside the broken piece and gently tap it until it screws out

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

I doubt someone glued it. If it's calcified, grab it with pliers. If that fails, use a hacksaw blade to cut score lines about 45 degrees apart, stopping just shy of the threads. Break the fitting at the score lines and the fitting should become removable when grabbed with pliers. The fitting's diameter will slightly decrease when being turned, releasing hold the calcium deposit or friction that is preventing it's normal removal. Replace the fitting in the Spring.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

Cupertino, CA

Something like this happened to me a while back. Channel-lock pliers did the trick.
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

near the swamp

channel locks and a putty knife/fan blade big enough to fit in the slot