Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool salt meters

1. Back To Top    #1

pool salt meters

I have a salt water chlorine generator and think that it's one of the best investments that I have ever made. I'm tired of going to the pool store to have my water's salt level tested. Anyone with any experience/suggestions on a salt water meter that I can buy and do it myself. Do you guys at TFP sell one? Thanks much!
    Bigdog12
    43,500 gal/Heyward 240 sand filter w/ 1hp pump/In-Ground pool/vinyl liner/Jandy SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool salt meters

www.tftestkits.net has strips and Taylor's salt test. I have found the strips to work well enough and are more economical.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't know that I would buy a meter due to expense. You don't have to test salt a lot and using strips or the Taylor kit is all you need. I use the Taylor kit and like it. It will get you to within 200 ppm which is as good as you will ever need.
    Carlos
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool

4. Back To Top    #4

any opinions or experience on this unit

am also considering this one, little cheaper

I do have a cheap (sub 25) test kit from home depot but wanted something more spiffy especially with new pool and all new equipment, SWCG too

5. Back To Top    #5

The advantage of the Color Q with digital readout, would be great if you are colorblind or partially colorblind.
    Taylor 2006 is 1/2 the price and has greater accuracy on some tests.

The TF-100-XL uses the same regents as Taylor and is a better value.
    http://tftestkits.net/TFTestkits-TF-100-XL-p54.html
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

6. Back To Top    #6

Leslie's has a cool one for $120 I'm looking at, Just got my chlorine gen. going. It's a digital wand type made by some big brand, can't remember. They just started used them to replace their old wand testers in my local store.
    20,000 gal. 32' x 17' freeform custom pool, 3ft. shallow - 8ft. deep end, Pentair Whisper flow 2.2 HP WF-6, Purex/Triton Nautilus FNS48 DE filter, 2 Intex Chlorine Generators (retired) SR Smith Rouge Rapids curved slide, The Pool Cleaner 4-wheel model w/Hayward large leaf canister. Tightwatt pool timer Spa: Beachport 5 person/350gal. Wishlist: move Neiko Tools pump to slide, solar system, Fountain, Automation. http://www.poolcalculator.com/