Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What cell phone service do you have

1. Back To Top    #1

Spring, TX

What cell phone service do you have

Who has what cell phone service and what phone.

I have sprint and a blackberry curve 8330.

Looking to upgrade to either the htc evo or the epic 4g. I am leaning more towards the epic 4g as it has a keyboard as well as a virtual keyboard. It has a absolute beautiful screen, similar to an iphone.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What cell phone service do you have

AT&T ( ), but only 'cuz of the iPhone. Keep hearing the rumor that Verizon will have the service next year though.

The iPhone is tough to beat (IMHO, plus I can get the Pool Calculator on it!), although the choice to make AT&T the sole provider did not make me happy!

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

I have AT&T on an Android phone. Web access to the calc helps me too. Would be nice to have it as a local app though (hint hint ).

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Sprint SERO plan!

500 minutes, unlimited text and data for $30/month is hard to beat.

Looking to move to an Evo soon. I've heard some of the Epics have Gps issues like the Moment.
    17,500 gallon in-ground 18x36 gunite pool
    Hayward super II 1.5 hp pump
    Hayward cartridge filter
    Dolphin Diagnostic Robot
    Jandy AquaPure Ei Salt Chlorinator 35K

5. Back To Top    #5

T-Mobile 1000 minutes with no text/data

Cheapo Samsung slide phone.
    1971 San Juan Fiberglass pool 12,000 gallons
    New Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    New Pentair FNS DE filter 64sq
    All 1.5" piping and no heater
    1 skimmer, 1 main drain, and 2 returns

6. Back To Top    #6

Western Pennsylvania

Sprint, I moved my company contract to them 2 years ago, I have the Evo 4g I prefer it to the Iphone (even though its not available with sprint) I like the higher resolution camera and Adobe flash support.
    15ft round above ground pool (6600 gallons)
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

7. Back To Top    #7
    Orlando, FL

Verizon for me.. I have a droid and love it..
    My Intro Page: tfp-wanna-be-checking-in-t27499.html
    20K Gal IG Pool - Resurfaced 11/14 w/ Super Blue Diamond Brite
    I test with TF-100 and SpeedStir
    1.5Pentair / 36sq DE filter
    Polaris 380 (love this thing)

8. Back To Top    #8
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Verizon. And I have whatever cheap LG phone they gave me for renewing for 2 years, but it is bluetooth compatible, so I can use it in the car, but I don't. In fact, I wish I'd have just kept using my original phone that was 4 years old 2 years ago plus.

I never text, we have 4 phones total on the account (inlaws) and use about 50 minutes out of 700 freebies/month.

Not much help, am I?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Not much help, am I?
    A New Challenger Appears!

Service provider: Bell (
    Phone: Sanyo SCP-7050 (or so the phone itself says)

I barely even use mine as a phone. More like a page/calculator. I tolerate it's existence for my employer is the only one with its number and the one paying the bill. Does what it's being paid for.
    Pool: None, and All.
    ''What's really interesting is finding some way to explain some technical concepts with simple terms so that everyone might understand, to vulgarize.'' CaOCL2

10. Back To Top    #10
    SouthWest Alabama

I'm on my third Samsung Impression. The touch screen has gone out twice and I keep a protector on it at all times and even it's not scratched. This phone is very smooth and I have to be very careful not to let it slip out of my hands. I send about 1,000 texts a month and use about 800 minutes a month in calls. I don't access the internet with it (that's what I have an aircard for) so I can't comment on that.

I have AT&T service but am switching to Verizon because they now have much better service in the areas I frequent the most. When I first went with ATT they were the only game in town but now they've been outpaced by Verizon in this part of the country.

Do your research and go with the provider that has the best service and a plan that fits your needs.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Dallas TX

t-mobile and Motorola "zine" cameraphone.
    The phone was free and is only OK as a phone. The camera portion is by Kodak and is fantastic; none better in a phone. With little kids & all I get awesome pics all the time.
    t-moble service is decent. We have 2 lines, 700min a month, $60 total bill. No text or data. Not a power user
    33k Gunite, CompuPool CPSC48 SWG, Sta-Rite System 3 DE, 2.25hp dual-speed, POOLVERGNUEGEN Pressure-side

12. Back To Top    #12
    NE FL

PagePlus (no family plans) which uses the Verizon network; Samsung Omnia from Ebay; $29.95 1200min talk/1200 text/50mb plan. I got the phone to sync w/ outlook to figure out who's doing what when. I don't use the data - just wifi @ home & BT to sync.
    son uses a 2000 text plan $11.95 + about $3 a month for calls (teens kids prefer to text for some reason); old Envy
    Other 2 phones (old LG from previous VZ contract & a friend's discard) cost about $20 in minutes between the 2. We are saving about $30 a month from Verizon (3 lines) + added 1 phone for emergencies.
    30' x 15' kidney shaped, 3.5-5.5 ft deep, wet-mix shotcrete inground, AutoPilot Digital SWG - RC35/22 cell, 36" main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dyna-Pro 1 HP, Sta-Rite 2 (PLM100) filter, Polaris 360 cleaner, Marbletite (Marquis/Bluestone), Screen enclosure

13. Back To Top    #13
    SW Indiana

Verizon. Really the only choice in a rural area. Sprint and T-mobile are non-existent here. AT&T is usable, but coverage in most areas isn't as good as Verizon.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat