What cell phone service do you have

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
Who has what cell phone service and what phone.

I have sprint and a blackberry curve 8330.

Looking to upgrade to either the htc evo or the epic 4g. I am leaning more towards the epic 4g as it has a keyboard as well as a virtual keyboard. It has a absolute beautiful screen, similar to an iphone.

AT&T ( :evil: ), but only 'cuz of the iPhone. Keep hearing the rumor that Verizon will have the service next year though.

The iPhone is tough to beat (IMHO, plus I can get the Pool Calculator on it!), although the choice to make AT&T the sole provider did not make me happy!

Verizon. And I have whatever cheap LG phone they gave me for renewing for 2 years, but it is bluetooth compatible, so I can use it in the car, but I don't. In fact, I wish I'd have just kept using my original phone that was 4 years old 2 years ago plus.

I never text, we have 4 phones total on the account (inlaws) and use about 50 minutes out of 700 freebies/month.

Not much help, am I?

I'm on my third Samsung Impression. :grrrr: The touch screen has gone out twice and I keep a protector on it at all times and even it's not scratched. This phone is very smooth and I have to be very careful not to let it slip out of my hands. I send about 1,000 texts a month and use about 800 minutes a month in calls. I don't access the internet with it (that's what I have an aircard for) so I can't comment on that.

I have AT&T service but am switching to Verizon because they now have much better service in the areas I frequent the most. When I first went with ATT they were the only game in town but now they've been outpaced by Verizon in this part of the country.

Do your research and go with the provider that has the best service and a plan that fits your needs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
t-mobile and Motorola "zine" cameraphone.
The phone was free and is only OK as a phone. The camera portion is by Kodak and is fantastic; none better in a phone. With little kids & all I get awesome pics all the time.
t-moble service is decent. We have 2 lines, 700min a month, $60 total bill. No text or data. Not a power user :)

PagePlus (no family plans) which uses the Verizon network; Samsung Omnia from Ebay; $29.95 1200min talk/1200 text/50mb plan. I got the phone to sync w/ outlook to figure out who's doing what when. I don't use the data - just wifi @ home & BT to sync.
son uses a 2000 text plan $11.95 + about $3 a month for calls (teens kids prefer to text for some reason); old Envy
Other 2 phones (old LG from previous VZ contract & a friend's discard) cost about $20 in minutes between the 2. We are saving about $30 a month from Verizon (3 lines) + added 1 phone for emergencies.

Verizon. Really the only choice in a rural area. Sprint and T-mobile are non-existent here. AT&T is usable, but coverage in most areas isn't as good as Verizon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.