Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easy Touch Remote

1. Back To Top    #1

Easy Touch Remote

Just moved into a used house and it has Easy Touch System with a remote. When I try to turn on the remote it comes on for 1 second and then turns off.

Anyone come across this, and know the fix? I replaced the batteries and have read the manual, I can't find anything I'm doing wrong. The main unit itself seems to be working without a problem.

Thanks for your help
    Florida, IG Plaster Pool 23,000 gallons, with Hayward and Easy Touch Equip.

2. Back To Top    #2

Indialantic, FL

Re: Easy Touch Remote

Just to make sure - you are holding down the power button for a few seconds before releasing. If I let go of mine too quick it doesn't stay powered up.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

3. Back To Top    #3

It has been a while since you posted this question but I had the same problem and know how to fix it.

The setting in the remote called "power save" got cleared somehow. To fix it you must hold down the 'Menu' button and one other button to keep the remote turned on and then using a third finger try to navigate to 'Settings/Power Save' and set a value for it. It will take many retries and having someone help makes it easier.

Good Luck.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ever since I changed the batteries in my 8 channel easytouch remote there have been problems. I finally got it to communicate, but now it won't let me cycle through menu and such. Also, it seems to blow through batteries with minimum use. Is anybody else having these problems? Is there a better remote out there?? OR how about controlling with tablet??