Draining the pool & Algae removal...

Oct 10, 2010
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I am glad to have found it! It looks like a great resource!

I have had my pool 3 years now and I am battling high calcium levels along with mustard algae. The average life of pool water here in Las Vegas is approximately 3 years. So instead of fighting the algae problem, I am hoping I can drain the pool and battle it with no water.

Is there anything special I need to do when draining the water, to remove the algae? will the dry air end up killing it? I am expecting to get in the pool with a pressure washer and wash everything, lights, equipment, etc.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Gary

Welcome to TFP.

The pressure washer with some chlorine in it will take care of it. I wouldn't recommend using it on a vinyl liner.

If you'd rather not drain the water, R/O (reverse osmosis) treatment might be available in your area. It's worth checking into.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.