Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a good winter cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a good winter cover

My pool in Michigan had this awesome winter cover with snaps that was specifically sized for my pool. It rolled out, snapped down every foot or so and stayed taunt, even with snow laying on it.

I'm looking for a company in Florida preferrably who can make something like this for me. Does anyone have a source? I called several local pool stores who tell me the best they could do is giving me a generic cover (rectangle) which I'd have to cut to shape and lay across. I'm looking for something a little higher end.

Any suggestions?

Denis
    Clearwater, Florida

12,000 gallon kidney shaped gunite pool
    Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP Pump
    Pentair CCP420 420sq/ft Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G 120V Pool Light

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Looking for a good winter cover

Personally never seen a cover like that. What about a solid safety cover with a cover pump? I use loop-loc but there are other brands
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by X-PertPool
    Personally never seen a cover like that. What about a solid safety cover with a cover pump? I use loop-loc but there are other brands
    Yeah Kevin...I'm thinking the OP had a saftey cover on the previous pool. Lop-loc is certainly a premium cover

ps - OP do you really spell your name with one n...It get annoying with folks always mispelling my name.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    Quote Originally Posted by X-PertPool
    Yeah Kevin...I'm thinking the OP had a saftey cover on the previous pool. Lop-loc is certainly a premium cover

ps - OP do you really spell your name with one n...It get annoying with folks always mispelling my name.
    You are correct on both points. I had a safety cover before. It was awesome

Also, I do spell my name with only one N. It was my father's name, from the old country.
    Clearwater, Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by "denisbaldwin
    Also, I do spell my name with only one N. It was my father's name, from the old country.
    Yeah, not my dad's name, but my parents are from the old country as well....funny story I always thought it was odd spelling, but after I met my DW and she started the wedding planning if found out the church we were to get married in...you guessed it... St. Denis. Never knew there was a saint
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

Dman - I search my name on google quite often and links to St. Denis are all over.
    Clearwater, Florida