Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need new impeller

1. Back To Top    #1

Need new impeller

My impeller finally let go of its shaft and I can't find one locally. Where can I get one quick that won't cost too much? The guy at the pool store I ususally go to for parts said he could order one for $60 that might work.

I need a Pentair/Pac Fab 1HP Hydropump. Possible part# 353013.
    26k gallon IG plaster/shotcrete
    Pentair 1 HP Hydropump
    C-9419 catridge filter
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need new impeller

If the part # is correct, Amazon has one.

Next time just try and Google the part #, you would be surprised at what pops up.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

I found one for $35 at poolcenter dot com. I need to get home and match the numbers on my pump. I need to get this quicker. Why does this have to happen on a weekend?

The pool man went ahead and put chemicals in the pool. I hope it will be okay for 3-5 days...
    Pentair 1 HP Hydropump
    C-9419 catridge filter
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser

4. Back To Top    #4

You can always get a sump pump and push the water through the skimmer and to the filter, etc...

Or just use the sump to move the water around. I got a 3/4 horsepower sump pump from Harbor Fright for only $35.
    1971 San Juan Fiberglass pool 12,000 gallons
    New Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    New Pentair FNS DE filter 64sq
    All 1.5" piping and no heater
    1 skimmer, 1 main drain, and 2 returns

5. Back To Top    #5

Oooo - good idea! I was thinking about stirring the pool by hand - HA! (yeah, gonna do it anyway )

I apologize if I sounded grounchy in my previous post. I was actually looking for an even better deal for a small piece of plastic. I know, I know - it's specific and "should have been discontinued."

I hope that this is the correct part - the one my motor is rated for is yellow, and this one is "no color," which I hope is black like mine; if that even matters. The part number pretty much matches what the pool store guy wrote down for me, and I hope 3/4 hp impeller is why this 1 hp motor has lasted so long. Is that what "Uprated" means?

Thank You for the help everybody!

I think it's still warm enough to stir while swimming...
    Pentair 1 HP Hydropump
    C-9419 catridge filter
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser

6. Back To Top    #6

A 3/4 HP impeller is the correct size for a 1 HP uprated motor. The same motor could have been rated as 3/4 HP full rated. The impeller is normally rated for the full rated version but will work fine with either.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Good! That's how I understood it.

I got a 1hp sump pump and figured out how to run it through the kreepy krauly hose to the filter. One problem - there's a big hole in the plumbing chain where the motor/impeller used to be. I'm on my way back to HF. Oh well, the pool "should" be okay for a few days. I brushed it and netted what leaves and junk I could get out of there.

I gotta get my money back to finish putting the brake system together on my Jeep for the trail run tomorrow!
    Pentair 1 HP Hydropump
    C-9419 catridge filter
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser

8. Back To Top    #8

You could just use the sump to move the water around, it is still keeping it from becoming stagnant.
    1971 San Juan Fiberglass pool 12,000 gallons
    New Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    New Pentair FNS DE filter 64sq
    All 1.5" piping and no heater
    1 skimmer, 1 main drain, and 2 returns