jacuzzi pump

hums when it tries to start? C
The sound it was making was not good :) like bad barrings

I took back cover off and tried to turn shaft with slotted screwdriver wit would NOT turn.... Wiggles back and forth!
Could it be the wet side and not the motor?

Sounds more like the motor then the wet end. Impellers will rarely seize up. It would require a pretty large piece of debris getting into and through the impeller for that happen.

However, if the wet end is in good condition, you could get away with just replacing the motor.

motor out, Pulled front part of wet end off can not spin the impeller? Dumb question, When i removed the thru bolts from the motor to the wet end i can not remove the rest of the wet end from motor. Should that slip off easy? Might bring the motor in to get checked...

It should slip off but sometimes the o-rings will stick but make sure you got all the bolts. The mounting and seal plates remains with the motor but the housing should slip off with a little wiggling. Wedge the housing between your feet and pull up on the motor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.