Deck too abrasive

Sep 4, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
My original sub that I used to lay down the acrylic coating bailed on me before he completed the job. My fault for paying in full before the job was finished.

So due to the job not being done well the deck was very abrasive to ours and our dogs feet.

I went to Sherwin Williams and they recommended a product flexible concrete waterproofer.
Supposedly goes on 14 mil thick and would help build up the profile to be less abrasive on our feet.

I am wondering if any of you have used this product and have any comment about it's durability and longevity over the long haul.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Deck to abrasive

If you went directly to a Sherwin Williams store and they recommended it, I would go with their recommendation. Be sure to get a specific set of application instructions from them and follow it to the "T". Proper prep will make a big difference in longevity.

That concrete waterproofer is a elastomeric type coating and therefore will be a lot "softer" feeling than the concrete decking.

Re: Deck to abrasive

I did go directly to the Sherwin Williams store and it is on their recommendation that iused that product.
We finished yesterday and it looks and feels great. It took 11 gallons and I have about 4 gallons left to do touch up and a second coat on high traffic areas.

I highy recommend Sherwin Williams for their expertise.
They really helped us out bigtime..!

Joe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.