Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck too abrasive

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck too abrasive

My original sub that I used to lay down the acrylic coating bailed on me before he completed the job. My fault for paying in full before the job was finished.

So due to the job not being done well the deck was very abrasive to ours and our dogs feet.

I went to Sherwin Williams and they recommended a product flexible concrete waterproofer.
    Supposedly goes on 14 mil thick and would help build up the profile to be less abrasive on our feet.

I am wondering if any of you have used this product and have any comment about it's durability and longevity over the long haul.

Thanks,
    Joe
    25x15 pool & 5x7 spa, Pentair Easy Touch 8, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair Ultratemp heater, Pentair C&C 520sqft, Pentair Screen Logic 2, Intellibrite 5G pool & spa lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck to abrasive

If you went directly to a Sherwin Williams store and they recommended it, I would go with their recommendation. Be sure to get a specific set of application instructions from them and follow it to the "T". Proper prep will make a big difference in longevity.

That concrete waterproofer is a elastomeric type coating and therefore will be a lot "softer" feeling than the concrete decking.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Deck to abrasive

I did go directly to the Sherwin Williams store and it is on their recommendation that iused that product.
    We finished yesterday and it looks and feels great. It took 11 gallons and I have about 4 gallons left to do touch up and a second coat on high traffic areas.

I highy recommend Sherwin Williams for their expertise.
    They really helped us out bigtime..!

Joe
    25x15 pool & 5x7 spa, Pentair Easy Touch 8, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair Ultratemp heater, Pentair C&C 520sqft, Pentair Screen Logic 2, Intellibrite 5G pool & spa lights