white stuff inside SWG

imcj

May 18, 2010
I can't remember what you call the part, but when you look through the clear tube there is white (calcium?) buildup inside on the far right and a little big of green on the big copper looking things that you can pull out. (well, nobody can say that I'm too technical can they? :-D ) I saw muriatic acid recommended on this site a long time ago, and I was able to clear that out before. Would somebody remind me if it was straight ma, or is it 1/2 pool water and 1/2 muriatic acid, or...? I tried the vinegar, but it sat for an hour and didn't do anything.

I need to do something because my FC is dropping because the SWG just beeps and reads "low salt" like it did before. Thanks for your help.

Well, I used the ma and the white stuff is gone from the cells I guess is what you call them. The main tube that you can see through has a little white on it, but I don't know what that's about. Anyway, I keep getting the low salt "91" reading. Last time it did this I just cleaned it and all was well. I even added some salt just in case, although I'm pretty sure it's not low. I'm not positive because I ran out of salt strips. I'd sure like a more accurate way to measure salt.

Wait a minute. I just remembered we just had some very heavy rain last week. Would that affect this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.