I'm new to owning a pool and am concerned about the salt reading. It just shot up this past weekend from around 3300 ppm to 3600, then 3650ppm, then last night it was reading 3750ppm. No salt has been added since they hooked the equipment up a couple of weeks ago. The chlorine level dropped a bit this past weekend, so I uped the SWG to 25%, then a day later to 35%. The chlorine level is now good, but the salt level is way high. What should I do? The water temp this morning was 64*. I'm using a test kit the installer gave me that only tests chlorine and pH. I will be ordering a Taylor k2006 very soon or at least for next season. The only reason the pool is still opened is so we can look at it. Too cold to swim.
Thanks for any help!