What do you do with the left over chlorine in the LQ?

flyboy320

Jul 23, 2009
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Going to close next week and just wondering what you all do with the water and chlorine left over in the LQ when closing? I want to bring the unit indoors for winter. I was thinking since I haven't shocked yet maybe I could crank the LQ wide open for that, but even still I'm sure there will be chlorine left in there (as well as the water on top of the chlorine I'll have to get ride of).

I would be cautious about exceeding your shock level by too much. Probably 30% above shock is OK but keep in mind it will stay in your pool a good while and take a good while to be consumed down to normal.

I would consider elevating the FC now and holding it up there until you are ready to cover it.

Here's what I do. Run as much bleach out of the LQ as I can then block off the fill line and remove the outlet line from the float valve and lower it into the LQ all the way to the bottom. Turn on the pump and open the flow valve wide open. It'll completely empty the LQ in a little while. Don't leave it too long as you don't want it to run dry and suck air into the pump.

If you have an almost full charge of bleach in the LQ you should run it above normal, as Dave said, until there's about enough left to shock the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.