DFW, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Folks, this is my first post on the HW side of forums. It's been all chemicals and numbers to this point....
I feel I've learnt a whole heap of stuff from the chemistry buffs out there but now need some advice on a small equipment issue I have.

When my pool was finished, back in March, my pb included a Pentair LL105PMG Legend Platinum Cleaner:
It looks like this:
cleaner.jpg

I don't think it has ever worked right.
Initially it started breakdancing, on its side in the middle of the pool.
The warranty folks came out and did something "with a valve/nozzle" possibly replacing it.
By this time the thing had spent so much time on it's side that it had worn through the bag, so the bag was replaced.
Neither of these things solved the problem.
Then they looked at the hose. They made it longer, they made it shorter, they removed sections of it, they adjusted the float positions on it and finally the thing stays on four wheels.
Now, every fifteen minutes it would seem the thing is tying itself in knots and ends up stuck with the hose wrapped around one of the front wheels and I have water hissing out of the side of the backup value. :evil:

The cleaner is still under warranty but after so many attempts to fix it I was wondering if it was just a bad product?
Anyone else out there have a Pentair LL105PMG Legend Platinum Cleaner and love it? Mine sucks!

Cheers

I have a Letro Legend II which is the older model of the one that you have. It has worked well since day one and I have been very happy with it for the past four years. This is my first automatic cleaner so I don't have anything to compare it to but it has never had any of the problems that you describe. My pool is 34x24 lagoon shaped and cleans the entire pool in 3 hours or so.
It sounds to me like you just have a lemon or maybe the wrong water pressure to the unit. See if you can get a new replacement under warranty and see if that works any better.

Bruce

I have the new Legend Platinum that I think you have. I have only had it in use for four weeks and it's the only auto cleaner I've ever owned. It's done a great job for us but I've noticed that if I don't have our "filter pump" running (by mistake) while the cleaner (with booster pump) is running, it will do as you describe and "breakdance" on its side. Now I have tweaked my Intermatic timer so that my filter pump (Intelliflo 4x160) is always running when the cleaner comes on.

Don't know if this will help or not, but has been my experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.