Thanks for a great season! Closing was cake!

Nov 25, 2009
Cleona, PA
Well, after a sloppy start (dumping the cover's sludge into the pool) my pool has been crystal clear all season! Didn't have to shock once (again, after the sloppy start).
So, today, I brought the pool to shock level, cleaned it, pulled out the steps, and put the cover on. I didn't drain it yet, I want to run the pump a bit w/ the cover on at shock level, in case there was any stuff on the cover.

I'll drain tomorrow and pull the plug. I figure, with my new-found experience and what I've learned here, next year will be another Crystal Year!

Hmm... I'm interested... we are up north, things do freeze. I don't want my lines freezing... but could you give me more info? (Also, I'll probably need to drain it a lot to fix the liner that's getting pulled out of the track.)

Blow the lines full of air to get the water out and plug them. No water = no frozen lines.

For the liner, depending on it's age, a Big pot of hot water and a smaller one to ladle. Ladle the hot water onto the liner. It will soften and allow you to pull it up .

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.